Sunday, January 11, 2009

From Brunch to Duck Hunting

Brandon found a new favorite place--- a good spot for duck hunting not too far from our house. He went with his friends at 5:45 Saturday a.m.-- and then I joined him for the afternoon session. We saw several ducks while we were there but they were too far away to shoot at (I was kind of glad---sorry Brandon!!) It was still fun to be out there to see all the wildlife around the lake and watch the sunset. Hank loved it!!! He would be so still and quiet while he watched for birds!!

While I was sitting there I kept thinking of a email forward that I got once that was an inspirational story about teamwork that had to do with how ducks fly and work together--when I got home I looked it up and it was actually about geese---close enough---I still like the story-
it is at: http://www.inspiring-quotes-and-stories.com/geese.html
Here Brandon is setting up all the decoys in the water. When we finished Hank enjoyed his job of fetching up all the ducks.
Jesse (my friend from work) and her dog "Maddie" came over to hangout and play with Hank! Maddie and Hank wore each other out! After hunting twice and having a friend over Hank slept well last night!
Met Becky, Elizabeth, and "Harper Sophia" at Mittie's Tea Room on Sat. morning for brunch.
Mittie's was a neat "girlie" place to meet--- http://www.mitties.com/ --we all got the same thing and it was delicious-- it was a little trio of lobster bisque, their famous chicken salad croissant, and a tasty salad. We met The Sanders Family for dinner at Buckhead Pizza---
Matt, Davis, and Lauren (their baby #2 due in June!!)

3 comments:

The Summers said...

Megan, You look so cute in camo! You are such a good wife!

Unknown said...

How fun! Let me know when Brandon comes home with some duck for you to cook. Drew's been duck hunting a lot lately, so I've found some pretty good recipes!

audrey habeck said...

you guys are so cute! duck hunting together! how fun!