Thursday, August 20, 2009

Labor and Delivery

Our Baby GirlOur Family (wish Hank was there)

(Me, Milla, and Dr. Phoebe Sun---OUR AWESOME DOCTOR!!!!)
**Our July 31st due date came and went. We went in to be induced the night of Wed. August 5th... this is how the time line went... WE GOT TO BE PART OF A MIRACLE....
4pm--Got to Northside
6pm-- they gave me "Cervidil", started contractions right away (was suppose to keep it in until 6 am the next morning--but they took it out after 1 1/2 hours because I was too sensitive to it-- the contractions were steady--but I was not progressing-- still 0 cm dilated and 0% effaced)
7pm-3am-- OUCH!!! Everyone is right-- contractions HURT!!!! I was having contractions every minute-- my water broke at 3 am-- they checked me at this point and still not much happening-- only 1 cm dilated-- a little thinning!!! I started thinking I may have to get a C-section! Brandon was the BEST coach and husband EVER!!! He was doing anything he could to help!!!
4:30am---I was very Anti-Epidural because of my back surgery 3 years ago--but, somehow God made me more open minded and Brandon went and told the nurse I was ready for the Epidural--- WHAT A GREAT DECISION!!! It was the thing I was MOST worried about--but ended up being the easiest!! From this point on everything was very enjoyable and an INCREDIBLE experience!!
7am-- guess the epidural helped me relax because just a few short hours later I was 10 cm dilated and 100% effaced--they called the Dr. to prepare to push
8:15 am-- started pushing
9:47 am-- Milla McConaha Crim was born!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: