Wednesday, February 3, 2010

OUCH!!!

Hair Tourniquet---- OUCH!!!
This is a very random posting--but we see this every now and then at our office-- and we had a little baby with one yesterday (this is just a picture from the Internet, not the actual child). The baby had been up all night crying-- waking every 45 min.-- parents didn't know what was wrong-- then, in the morning the mom decided to give the baby a bath and discovered that the baby had a piece of hair wrapped around the toe (usually one of Mom's that has fallen off)!!! It cuts off circulation and the toe was purple when she found it!! Luckily they were able to cut the hair off and come in to get checked--and the baby will be fine. But, in some rare cases they can actually loose the toe!!! So, moral of the story-- if your baby seems to be crying for no reason--check all toes, fingers, and unmentionables (on baby boys!).


4 comments:

The Summers said...

Whew! At first glance, I was afraid that was Milla's poor little toe! Isn't that crazy, though? I've never seen it, but I've definitely heard of hair doing that! Crazy! (But glad it wasn't Milla!)

Jacob and Jessica Willis said...

OUCH!!! At first, I thought that was Milla! So glad it wasnt :)

Jill said...

Thank you so much for this information!! It is something I have never thought about and would not have known to look for! However, I did think it was a picture of little Milla's toe and I got very sad for her for a minute!!

The Benich Family said...

You scared me! I literally gasped thinking that was Milla's toe! That's crazy a piece of hair can do that.
Kriya