Thursday, February 23, 2012

To Let Cry...Or Not To Let Cry

Faith is 6 months old! She weighs 16#11 (60%) and is 26.75 inches long (80%). She is healthy and doing GREAT!!
I am rather ashamed to admit that although I am a nurse at a pediatric office--I haven't been practicing what I preach!! Since Faith and Milla's rooms are right next to each other---when Faith wakes in the middle of the night---I jump out of bed and pretty much run to her room to sooth or feed her---in hopes to catch her crying in time that it doesn't also wake up Milla. Since I have done this I have developed a little nightly routine for her....she has gotten use to eating a couple of times during the night!! We tell the parents of out patients not to do this--and Dr. Cox reminded me at our check up that babies this age are able to sleep 10-12 hours at night!!! My co-workers were giving me a hard time and I really did want to get Faith on a better sleep schedule-- Dr. Cox also said that research shows that sleeping for a long extended period at night is better for growth and development. So, last night I decided to bite the bullet-- I have heard people's stories of how their little ones cried for hours and it was the hardest thing they have ever done. I expected the worse... many sleepless nights laying there trying (for her own good) to let her cry it out and sooth herself back to sleep. We layed her down at her normal time-she woke once and cried for 10 minutes--but other than that--- SHE SLEPT FOR 12 HOURS!!!! Crazy!! We may have just gotten lucky--I am interested to see what tonight holds--we are hoping for a replay of last night!
sweet little chubby knees with dimples!!!Here is Milla right after enjoying a bowl of spaghetti!
She is orange from ear to ear! For her shirt's sake...we have learned to take it off before she digs in!

No comments: