Monday, May 3, 2010

$123

I LOVE GARAGE SALES!!! Our friends Adrienne and Derrick were so nice to let me join in on their "Neighborhood Garage Sale" a couple weeks ago. The garage sale was from 8-12 on a Saturday morning. I made $123!! I was so excited. It was all little stuff... I had one $10 item, one $5 and the rest was $2, $1, or 50 cents!!! So many people came. They live in the very first house in the neighborhood--so, it was a great location! Milla and I got there at 8:15 and there were already so many people there that I could barely unpack--people were going through boxes as I set them down from the car. Someone even picked up my purse I had just briefly sat down to buy!!! I wish I had taken more stuff over!! I am already pumped up and ready for my next one---so, if your neighborhood ever has a sale--tell me...because I would love to join ya!

(Me & Milla, Adrienne & Elise)

(The Hershey Family....Adrienne, Elise, Derrick)
There is a neat website that gives you good tips on having a garage sale...
www.yardsalequeen.com
it tells you things like---
*get a neat sign from www.sassysigns.com
* have lots of change (people love to pay with 20 dollar bills)
*expect early birds (people came at 7:15 for the 8am sale)
*keep payer's money out while you make their change-- if you put it up and give them change for their $10...they could say- "I gave you a $20" and then it is their word against yours!
*play background music
*Sell bottled water
...etc....check out the site

No comments: