Saturday, August 20, 2011

Faith's Birth Story (1 week ago today!)


One week ago today Faith was born!!!
I had been to the Dr. on Thursday, August 11th and I was only 1 cm dilated (which I had been 2 weeks prior) and I had to be induced with Milla I week after her due date---So, we weren't even thinking that Faith was coming soon. Brandon hadn't been feeling well--so, he took Benadryl and went to sleep on Friday night. I also went to sleep and woke up to my water breaking at 11:45pm!! I first called our Dr. and she said we needed to head to the hospital. We were not packed at all so we were in a hurry throwing all of our things together-Brandon even had to go into the attic to get the car seat. Then, I called my Mom (she was plan A to stay with Milla)...she had just gotten to North Dakota that evening! So, we went to plan B...(Cassie,a friend that I work with)--well, she had fallen asleep early and didn't have her phone by the bed--so, she never heard her phone! We hadn't really made a definite plan C--so we were scrambling!! We then called our friends Derrick and Adrienne and Derrick so kindly came over and stayed with Milla. My Dad and Grandma then came over at 7:30 am to be with Milla--and then my Mom jumped on a 5am flight home and was able to get to Milla by about 1pm!! Here is the time frame at the hospital:
1:30 AM arrived at hospital--still just 1 cm dilated- no contractions
3:30 AM-- Got Induced--started Pitocin
9:45 AM--contractions had been building and really intense by now
10:30 AM--Got Epidural (always worries me, but went so smoothly)-Brandon did get kind of light headed and the Dr. and Nurse had him sit down!!!
1:55 PM 8cm dilated
3:30 PM Dr. Sun arrived and got all set up
3:40 PM Started pushing
3:51 PM "Faith Townsend Crim" BORN!!!!!
Happy Day!!! Thank You Jesus!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe her dark hair!!! Love it! She looks like you Megan!