Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Volunteer


Have you ever really wanted to volunteer but then when you try to find a place that needs your help it just seems so difficult?? That seems to be my experience up until now. But, now I have learned that it is so easy. I got on the "Hands On Atlanta" website and this organization plays the role of the middle man between individuals or groups wanting to volunteer and places that need volunteers. They help out 500 places in the Atlanta area that need people. Before you can volunteer you have to go to a 1 hour orientation at their headquarters (it is off of Northside Drive close to IKEA .) Brandon and I went last week and are really excited about all the opportunities that they provide. If you are looking for a place to get plugged in I would definitely recommend Hands on Atlanta-- check out their website-- http://www.handsonatlanta.org/

No comments: